Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Review - NYX Soft Matte Lip cream

What do you call a lip product which is neither a lipstick nor a lipgloss. 
What do you call a lip product which is like a lipstick as well as a lip gloss.
NYX has a product which fits into both the above situation. Its called a Matte Lip cream.

Price - $6 each
There are total 11 colors available in Lip creams - Amsterdam, Stockholm, Tokyo, London, Antwerp, Istanbul, Adis ababa, San Paolo, Abu Dhabi, Monte Carlo and Milan

I bought 2 colors to try - namely Antwerp and San Paolo

About the Lip cream:
The formulation of these lip creams are totally different from any product you will find in the market. The moment you apply this you will realize its like melted butter or cream. The pigmentation is great unlike any gloss you can get. In 10 minutes the lip cream sets on your lips in a matte texture and stays put for around 4-5 hours.




Pros:
1. It is quite pigmented.
2. Apt for matte lipstick lovers
3. Does not get transferred easily.
4. It is very light in texture. Doesn't feel as if you wearing anything on your lips
5. Good choice of colors ranging from nudes to bright
6. Affordable price.

Cons:
1. It is not at all moisturizing and can make your lips dry. Best to use a lip balm before using it
2. It doesn't fade out evenly. Leaves a line of dried out product on the inside of the lips.
3. Takes around 10 minutes to set in a matte form.
4. Availability in India might be an issue. I buy my NYX products from ebay from the following seller JOY COSMETICS

I have a love and hate relationship with this product. I love the colors and the fact that it is so light on my lips like butter. But I hate the fact that it makes my lips super dry. I am not a fan of super matte texture that it sets into. I prefer a semi matte texture which doesn't make my lips dry.
Still I am planning to buy the two bright colors in this adis ababa and Monte Carlo.
Recently NYX has come up with similar lip cream but in a glossy form. It is known as Extreme lip cream. I haven't tried these as yet but from the reviews and swatches I don't think I will. I like matte lip cream colors better.

Ratings: ✰✰✰.5

Lip color swatches coming up in the next post! :)

Contact & Disclaimer

Contact - Readers and PR professionals are welcome to write to me for any queries/product reviews/tie ups and advertising. You can leave a comment or contact me at blog.tanzy@gmail.com

Disclaimer - I only review the products that I have used. My opinions and reviews are genuine. If I dont like a product I will say so.