Monday, September 17, 2012

DIY - Neon earrings

These earrings have been lying in my closet for the last 8 years broken. Every timeIi used to think ill get them repaired but my laziness got them to stay untouched. Finally they get a chance to be part of my DIY neon jewellery. :D

1. You can start off by taking any old rhinestone necklace or earrings.


2. Remove the parts you do not want. In this case the round part of the earrings are broken. So I remove the round part from both the earrings. I like it much better now as they are lighter than before and can be worn with a regular outfit as well.
Next take out your brightest nail varnishes (colors you would like your earrings in). We are going to start painting the rhinestones with the nail varnishes. The best part about using these is that if you mess up or don't like the color/outcome, then you can easily remove the varnish with a nail paint remover :)


3. So I start by painting with the bright neon pink color. The technique to paint small rhinestone is to put a drop in the center of the stone and then move it outwards.


4. Once you get the hang of it, it gets very easy to complete the whole thing. Let the varnish dry.


So here you have your own piece of neon jewellery :)

Contact & Disclaimer

Contact - Readers and PR professionals are welcome to write to me for any queries/product reviews/tie ups and advertising. You can leave a comment or contact me at blog.tanzy@gmail.com

Disclaimer - I only review the products that I have used. My opinions and reviews are genuine. If I dont like a product I will say so.