Saturday, May 21, 2011

What are Tinted Moisturisers?

I am not at all a foundation lover. Though I do keep one in my closet, I prefer using a tinted moisturiser. In Indian market after a lot of search I have found tinted moisturiser are only available with Oriflame, Ponds and Biotique (will be doing a review on each of these soon). Every drugstore makeup counter I have been to and asked the sales assistant for a tinted moisturiser, they were clueless. This lack of availability of tinted moisturisers as a product with Drugstore brands in India is the main cause of most of the girls being unaware of something known as "tinted moisturiser".


What is a tinted Moisturiser?
A tinted moisturiser is a combination of skincare moisturiser with a light foundation. It gives a very natural, lumnious complexion. It does not give a heavy cakey look, instead it just adds a slight tint to the skintone which gives a very natural, glowy look. It is the best product for daylight makeup.



Pros of Tinted moisturisers:

  • Combination of moisturiser and makeup in one
  • Provides light coverage and does not look cakey
  • Most of Tinted moisturisers contains spf which is not found in most of the foundations.
  • Less expensive as compared to applying moisturiser, sunblock and foundation seperately.
  • Its very easy and quick application unlike that of a foundation
  • Different shades to match your skintone.
  • More long lasting.

Cons of tinted moisturiser:
  • The only con is for women who want more coverage and are used to using foundation for their skin. This product will turn out to be light for their use.


Tinted moisturisers that I have tried and will be reviewing (in order of most favourites to the least) in my next post :

1. Mac - Studio tint with spf 15



















Read the review of this product HERE


2. Oriflame peach me perfect cream




















3. Pond's antiageing tinted moisturiser with spf 15




















4. Biotique tinted moisturiser.






















Tinted moisturisers can be found in high end brands like chanel, clarins, estee lauder etc. Most of these are available at shoppers stop in India and at Chanel boutique stores for Chanel products.


    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Contact & Disclaimer

    Contact - Readers and PR professionals are welcome to write to me for any queries/product reviews/tie ups and advertising. You can leave a comment or contact me at blog.tanzy@gmail.com

    Disclaimer - I only review the products that I have used. My opinions and reviews are genuine. If I dont like a product I will say so.