Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Review - NYX Megashine Lip Gloss

I don't like lip glosses which are very glossy and sheer. I prefer using Mac's Cremesheen gloss over their other lipglosses as cremesheen is more creamy, pigmented and not as sticky as the other lipglosses by Mac. 
Recently I found a replacement for Mac's Cremesheen gloss - NYX Megashine Lipgloss. Infact I love them more than Mac ones. They have a huge color selection as compared to Mac. They come in pretty good packaging with a cute bow on top of the cap. Their applicator is way better (Doe applicator for easy application) than any other drugstore brand lipgloss. And most important of all they are just one fourth the price of Mac Lipglasses.

Price - 6$ for 15 ml / .53 oz

Pros of NYX Megashine gloss:
  • Huge range of color selection.
  • Good quantity of product. Will last for a long time.
  • Non sticky and moisturising.
  • Very pigmented. Finish is quite creamy and opaque. Its not OTT glossy.
  • Good staying power (4 hrs) without eating and drinking. Leaves a stain of color when it fades.
  • Good packaging.
  • Good applicator.
  • Fruity smell.
Cons:
  • Availability in India. I order my Nyx products online from HERE on ebay







L-R : Garnet, Plush Red, Perfect Red, Dolly Pink, Beige, Smokey Look




I picked up six colours ranging from light to bright and dark.

Smokey Look
This was the most natural looking color. Out of all the lipcolors I picked this is the only one which has a slight shimmer. The shimmer is not at all visible once u apply it on the lips. This is my "every day use" color.

Beige
This color ranks the last in my list. The color looks more of pale pink than beige. Though I had read lots of good reviews about this color but somehow it looks washed out on me. I have very pigmented lips so bright colors look better.

Dolly Pink
This one is a nice bright fuschia pink without shimmer. This can be toned down to a nice stained lip look or can be built up to have a nice bright fuschia color. I love pink so definately this is one of my favourites.

Perfect Red
Another one of my favourites of the lot. I love pinks, reds and orange/corals. There can be so many different shades of red and choosing the right one takes lot of experimentation. This one is true tomato red color without shimmer.

Plush Red
According to me this is one of the must have red color. It goes on very opaque and is more towards deep red / blue based red. At times I feel it gives a dark pink shade. It also leaves behind a very nice stained color.

Garnet
I just took a risk in ordering this color as this looked quite dark and scary in the tube. But it didnt dissappoint me. Though I see myself using this color less than the others but still im sure I will get a chance to wear this. It can be worn as a stain which actually has a lovely berry color. 

Ratings: ✰✰✰ +0.5 (-0.5 for availability)
Will I buy this again: Yes, but these glosses are going to last me for a long time now.


I have also been asked to post swatches of the lip colors I own. I will soon post swatches of these NYX megashine glosses followed by the others.


Update : You can check out the gloss swatches HERE

Contact & Disclaimer

Contact - Readers and PR professionals are welcome to write to me for any queries/product reviews/tie ups and advertising. You can leave a comment or contact me at blog.tanzy@gmail.com

Disclaimer - I only review the products that I have used. My opinions and reviews are genuine. If I dont like a product I will say so.