Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Review - Lush - It started with a kiss Lip Tint

I like the idea of lip stains and lip tints as they are long lasting and give a beautiful natural " I'm born with it " pretty pink/red lips. But the only downside is that they are very drying on your lips. I love the Body shop lip and cheek stain but I use it only as a cheek stain.

Recently Lush released their first lip tints here in India. Apparantly there are three shades in UK whereas just two of those have been released here in India.
These two shades are


Left to Right : Double Choc and It started with a kiss

Double Choc -  A brown chocolate colored lip tint - 710/ for 10 gms.
Hazelnut and brazil nut oils moisturise and protect the lips, while icing sugar and black treacle give it a sweet, creamy texture. This balm has a little colour, too, to tint your lips with creamy chocolate.

It started with a kiss - A reddish pink colored lip tint - 710/- for 10 gms.
It Started With a Kiss lip tint is a tinted balm that makes your lips an enticing crimson red, sure to lure your prince (or princess) charming from the path they had mistakenly wandered off on! Our red apple, cinnamon and white chocolate flavour is delicious. It's a perfect blend of spice and sweetness, and it makes you think of candy apples.

As soon as I tried their liptints, I fell in love with "It started with a kiss". It looks quite scary red color in the pan but it is quite true to its function of a lip tint. It goes on matte on your lips and adds a reddish pink tint to it. Though its bit brighter than the natural pink color that your lips should be, it does tend to get light as soon as it settles. It is also not as drying as the other lip stains or tints due to the presence of coconut oil and shea butter in it but it is also not as moisturising as a lip balm or a lip treatment. Still it ranks way above in my list of lip tints.


Its my favourite product to use during monsoons and when the weather is really humid ( Monsoons were never so much issue in Delhi but in Mumbai you have to completely change your skincare and lipcare routine during monsoon ). If your lips are dry and flaky then I would recommend scrubbing your lips before using this product as it might enhance imperfections. I use Lush Mint Juleps (A lip scrub) for my lips before using the liptint. and sometimes use a light gloss or a lipbalm to add a sheen and moisturise the lips.

Pros of Lush lip tints:
  • Lip tint containing Coconut oil and shea butter which doesnt dry out the lips.
  • Stays on for a long time 4-5 hours though I still prefer to re-apply as i love the bright color it initially leaves on ur lips.
  • It smells quite delicious (Cinnamon-apple fragrance) I love the fragrance of all Lush products.
  • Can be used under lipsticks or gloss to make the lipcolor stay longer.
  • Easy to carry around.
  • Can be used as a cheek tint as well.
  • A little goes a long way. Just a small amount of product needed as it is quite pigmented.
Cons of Lush lip tints:
  • I dont like the concept of a lipbalm or a lip color in a pot. I find it quite unhygienic to use and leads to waste of product. Also as it is a tint, it leaves the tip of the fingers stained with the product.

Ratings: ✰✰✰(would have given a five star if it was in a stick form)

Contact & Disclaimer

Contact - Readers and PR professionals are welcome to write to me for any queries/product reviews/tie ups and advertising. You can leave a comment or contact me at blog.tanzy@gmail.com

Disclaimer - I only review the products that I have used. My opinions and reviews are genuine. If I dont like a product I will say so.